On to the new Podcast - We are hoping to launch the first podcast after the first of the year. Our goal is to present you with a great mix of important information, some excellent education and a little bit of fun, all thrown together (much like in the firehouse!)
Our podcasts will be prerecorded and archived. That way, you'll be able to listen to it at your leisure. As you may realize, there are hundreds of topics we can discuss. We are planning to produce two shows per month. However, since the purpose of this show is for YOU, we want to give you the opportunity to let us know what topics you would like to hear discussed.
While we do have our own experience in fire/rescue, I've been out of active-duty for quite a while. So my sole role on this show is to be your host. And with that in mind, we have already lined up three excellent members to be our first guests. And we're looking for plenty more.
Along that line, here is a list of some of the topics that we hope to address on the show (in no special order):
- Firefighter Health Initiative 2015 - 2016
- Job Stress and its tolls on our lives
- Job attraction and retention
- Educating the public we protect and the public officials we deal with
- Healthy Eating and Firehouse Recipes!
- Command & Control
- The purpose and need for the PIO
- Fireground tactics: Size-up, Analysis, Plan & Execute or Surround & Drown
- The importance of proper record-keeping
- The benefits of a well-trained fire department
- Employing and promoting personnel
- Budget develop and management
- The role of discipline in strengthening personnel
- Identifying and addressing fire department staffing issues
- Automatic aid and mutual-aid versus adding more personnel
- Capital equipment planning: identifying needs and resolving them
- Why do some firefighters fail to wear (or properly wear) their PPE?
- Preparing to compete for a chief's position
Finally, unless there's big news from L.A. this week, we will probably save our next post until after next weekend. With that in mind, from Rich, Tom, Jesse and me (Steve) we extend our best wishes to all of you and yours for very Happy, Healthy, Peaceful and Safe Christmas and Kwanza holidays. Let's use this season to take one more step, reach out a little further, and touch someone's life who needs us, but is afraid or embarrassed to ask for it. Just like laying a tile floor, we build it one piece at a time. It can be a slow, tiring job. But when it's finished, it's beautiful. Let's do the same thing in our lives.
May the Good Lord bless and protect each and every one of you and yours.
Steve Greene, President
Dalmatian Productions, Inc.
Cause and Origin Productions, LLC